Friday, August 10, 2012

Ty and the Rugby Team

Go to this link and skip to Minute 12:
 http://www.byutv.org/watch/982-428

I could not be more pleased with how this interview turned out. "True Blue" did an amazing job. It made me teary to watch it, especially when I hear Dan talk about Ty. But mostly, watching the interview makes me happy. I'm reminded that, despite the tragedy, there truly was so much love and peace that slipped into our lives to almost compensate for the pain. I'm touched that a sideline reporter at the BYU vs Colorado rugby game would remember Ty and what the rugby team did for us that day, even a year later.

With the one year mark of Ty's death coming up, the timing is appropriate. Lately on a daily basis, I feel myself reflecting on this past year, although I sense a hesitancy to think too deeply about it just yet. I feel myself anticipating next week, knowing I will need to address it. I may not need to write about it every year, but for me, this first year is important for me to process, and writing is the best way I know how.

Dan and I continue to learn how different we are, and how differently we grieve. While I know he will not forget that day, he does not want to "celebrate" or "make a day" of March 10th. For me, I know I will be at the cemetery in the morning before I drive to Vegas. I will need to write about my experiences, probably have a good cry as I allow myself to remember and feel all I've been through . . . and then I know I will be ready to have some fun with family and friends. I don't know what I will need in the future on this date. But I'm learning to take it a step at at time and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment