Friday, August 10, 2012

She's Here, at Last!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I am filled with unbelievable love, gratitude, and amazement every time I look and hold our little girl.

AIYANA KAY KIEFER
Born May 17th at 12:35 AM. 7lbs, 20 inches long 

I can't believe she's really here! And to think I'm supposed to still be pregnant for another couple days.
 
(*Note: Without going into all the details of my labor story, just know it was a quick 3.5 hours of active labor and, overall, so beautiful and peaceful as I birthed naturally with Hynpobirthing method. Skipping to the end where I was pushing . . . )
 
 . . . At the same time, both in Thai and English, I heard the words, "Your baby's coming. She's almost here," coming from both my mom on my left and Dan on my right. My mom continued to speak in Thai, mentioning that Ty was there. My eyes flickered instantly to the framed picture of my son across the room, strengthening me for those final moments as I also pictured my daughter coming to me -- the one I had been waiting so long for.


 
With only a few pushes, Aiyana arrived. They wiped her down briefly before placing her on my abdomen. I immediately cried in relief and joy -- tears that quickly transitioned to those of heavy grief, old and new, as I remembered my baby boy -- then flowing to tears of hope. At last, I was a mommy again, and my little girl was lying on my stomach, her tiny limbs held in my hands.


 
I'll never know in this earth life is Ty was truly there or not. There was no undeniable sign that might prove he was. But I do believe he was there. Perhaps that beautiful peace and calm we felt for the majority of my labor was in part due to his presence. I don't know. . . but it's something that came to mind afterwards.
 
Sweet Aiyana, we're so happy you are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment