Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Son's Daddy

Wednesday, June 23, 2010


So proud...always so proud to hold his son.

And so very happy.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY...
Sacrament meeting was difficult. As the primary children sang, "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home", I couldn't help but think of all the fun times Dan and Ty shared together in only fourth months, and how much I looked forward to seeing Ty grow into a toddler and continue to play with his daddy. Dan was always so attentive with him. We were both incredibly sad....for some reason I was more sad on father's day than mothers day. I think it hurt more to see Dan in pain. The morning was especially emotional for Dan, for obvious reasons.
Fortunately, by the time we returned from church we were all excited for the gift exchange. At least Carrie and I were! Dan is much better at containing himself when it comes to surprises. Although, he did make me give him one of his two gifts around 11pm the night before, and was thrilled to exchange his cheapo five dollar sunglasses for a pair of Oakley's. I don't have a picture of him wearing them (yet) but he looks pretty hot in them, especially in combination with his "lawyer apparel".
The second gift he received on Sunday. It was a collage-frame with pictures of him and Ty to put on his desk as work and once he returns to school. He was excited about the Oakley's, but he loved the frame.
Happy Father's Day, Dan. Like I said...I can't imagine sharing the sacred privilege of parenthood with anybody else but you.

No comments:

Post a Comment