Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Forever Families

Monday, July 19, 2010

On Saturday, July 17, Ryan, Emily, and Adelyn Rock were sealed together as a family for eternity. As Ryan and Emily sat across from each other at the alter, everyone was teary-eyed. Our families have witnessed the beginning of Ryan and Emily's journey. Now it's a journey that will never end, and we will forever be connected as family.
 
Then they brought in Addie with her beautiful white dress. Emily's mom, Barbro, carried her to the alter. When Barbro placed Addie's little hand on top of Ryan and Emily's, everyone seemed to be bawling. I couldn't really tell because of my own tears blurring the room. But a special, powerful spirit was there, surrounding that family and touching all of us.
 
I will always remember the image of Ryan, Emily, and Addie circled around the alter. And I will never forget how Addie, with her innocent, calm demeanor, stared at me the entire time. I was seated in the front row but was not directly across from her. Still, her attentive eyes found mine and did not leave my gaze. She did not even blink - just watched me with a look I've been pondering over for days. She seemed so aware and watchful... and I have no doubt she was seeing things with her pure spirit that the rest of us could not see. And then she smiled at me. That knowing grin imprinted in my memory. She was a visual reminder for Dan and I of the same blessings we share. That our son, Ty, surely was there, as one of many witnesses to this sacred occasion. That we all can share that bond of eternity with our families if we keep the promises we have made. I treasure this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment