Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Verdict is In

Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's been so helpful that we've been on vacation for two weeks. All the fun we've been enjoying has been a helpful distraction while we've anxiously waited to hear back from Lewis & Roca. They finally called Dan yesterday.

WE'RE MOVING TO VEGAS!
We were pretty certain he would receive the job offer, (me, more so than Dan) but with this economy, you never know what might happen. It's such a relief to know which direction our future is headed. Dan will spend the summer studying for the Bar and then we'll hopefully have a house to move into by August 2011. Our first house! I am so excited!

I'm so very proud of Dan. He has worked incredibly hard, and even after life-altering circumstances he didn't quit. He had every right not to finish his finals. But he did. He had every right to put off this summer job. But he didn't. Dan has done everything right, relying so much on God and faith, family and friends to pull through this important time in our lives. I trust him whole-heartedly and love him so much.

As we drove in the car, Dan and I couldn't help but talk about how Ty should be with us on this journey. The backseat always feels so empty when I look behind me. We know in our hearts he is cheering for us each step of the way. But it doesn't feel completely right without him in our arms. The day we found out I would be induced with Ty was the same day Dan was accepted by Lewis & Roca for their summer program. It was such a happy, positive day all around, knowing so much of our future was beginning that day, on October 20, 2009.

One year from now, life could be so different. Dan will be a lawyer. We'll have our own home in Vegas...and I wonder if one of those four bedrooms will be a nursery by then.

Change is coming our way... Positive change. I am so ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment